T&B have a long-standing relationship with Rothamsted Research having undertaken multiple projects and phases of works at the leading eco-friendly research centre located in Harpenden.
Design and build works at the world-leading agricultural research institution, that was founded in 1843, have included new laboratories, farm buildings, solar shading, commercial fit-outs and M&E services upgrades.
Featured projects have included:
• Soil Archive – £900,000 / 35 week construction of single storey building with extensive specialist M&E services to house Rothamsted’s soil archive, one of the oldest in the world!
• Farm Buildings – £650,000 / 12 week design and construction of 2No. steel frame farm buildings / warehouses and external landscaping works.
• Building B08 – £700,000 / 30 week decommissioning and replacement of complete heating system and associated building works throughout occupied office building.
• Ogg & Russell Building – £650,000 / 20 week partial demolition of dormant office building, internal adaptions, design and construction of new internal fire escape with lift installation.
• Radar Laboratory – £360,000 / 15 week design and construction comprising deep strip foundation, power floated re-enforced concrete slab, steel frame, TATA cladding & roof panels and internal fit-out
• Solar Shading – £300,000 / 14 week installation of steel frame structure and solar panel shading to three storey office building with upgraded specialist services.
• North Building Windows – £250,000 / 10 week replacement and restoration works to timber sash windows on occupied laboratory building.