We were employed to undertake extensive restoration works at a private mansion block to remove and replace existing Lime render and undertaking extensive works to the roof and structure.
This Grade II* Listed grand classical mansion house, originally built in 1759 for Sir William Baker, with alterations being made in the early nineteenth century, has been carefully restored to its original splendour and sympathetically divided into just five substantial houses.
Working closely with Ian Wieck Surveying and Conservation Architect RHP, we considerately and meticulously carried out a range of works throughout the building that included:
• £2,000,000 / 70 week construction programme
• Removal and replacement of existing Lime render
• Application of organic Kime paint that allowed structure to ‘breathe’
• Extensive roof works that included structural Oak repairs
• Specialist refurbishment of featured roof mounted Clock
• External lead and Copper works
• Close liaison with Natural England to deal with roosting bats