Design and construction a two-storey roof top extension at 3rd & 4th floor level forming a new sports hall facility at Bedford Free School; a existing unisex secondary school for pupils aged 11-16 years old in the heart of Bedford.
T&B’s design partners ECE Architecture have been employed to develop the design from feasibility and planning through to construction on site which commenced in March 2016.
• Two Stage Design and Build contract
• £1,500,000 / 40 week construction programme
• 3rd & 4th floor two-storey steel frame structure
• Standing seam Falzinc and EML cladding
• Insulated envelope with UVPC windows
• Internal alterations to form access and accommodate new extension
• Installation of Photovoltaic panels on the roof
• Full M&E installation throughout
• Logistically challenging city centre site
• School remains fully operational
Here is a few projects we wanted to highlight
T&B delivered £3,100,000 / 36-week CAT-A fit-out wotks to 75,000sq.ft commercial building in Aylesbury comprising office space, toilets, lift lobbies…
£5,000,000 / 74 week phased redevelopment of Bushey Meads School in Hertfordshire alongside Horsley Huber Architects and cost consultants Hookway…
T&B's Interiors team, alongside Academy Consulting and our design partners LSI Architects, delivered the £2,500,000 / 27 week conversion and…