About us > Modern Slavery Statement 2016
The Modern Slavery Act 2015 is an act of parliament that requires us to produce an annual statement of the steps we are taking to eliminate the risk of modern slavery within our business and supply chain. Modern slavery includes forced labour, labour trafficking as well as other hidden third party labour exploitation and according to government statistics, is the fastest growing global crime with an estimated 13,000 victims of slavery in the UK alone.
Following a review of our existing procedures in line with the Act it has been decided to take the following additional steps to ensure that any risk of modern slavery is eliminated within the business and our supply chain:
- Provide training to managers on the issue of modern slavery
- Provide the same training to our labour agency suppliers
- Provide information to workers on site and;
- Update the sub-contractor questionnaire to include a commitment to combat modern slavery
- Publish the attached statement detailing the measures we are taking to tackle modern slavery in a prominent position on our website.