Sectors > Schools & Academies >
Turing House School
Fast-track refurbishment and remodelling to form new Free School in Teddington for the Russell Education Trust
T&B’s City Works Division negotiated the fast-track design and build refurbishment and remodelling works to form the new Turing House Free School in Teddington for The Russell Education Trust; a Multi-Academy free school trust, regulated by the Department for Education, that provides educational support services in the creation and operation of free schools.
We employed Atkins as our design partners to assist with Phase 1 of the works that included:
- Design and build / £1,500,000 / 10-week programme
- Complete strip-out of existing 4-floor building to bare shell
- Refurbishment of catering kitchen, administration areas, toilets and main reception on the ground floor
- Formation and remodelling of new 25m long school dining hall
- Overhaul refurbishment on the first floor to provide 9 classrooms, 4 music practice rooms, head teacher’s office and toilets
- Full extensive M&E installation
- New flooring, ceilings and decorations throughout
- External works including fencing, railings and landscaping
- Creation of disabled toilets on lower floors
- Design partner - Atkins
The team are currently on site undertaking Phase 2 to complete the remaining 2nd and 3rd floors of the newly formed free school which is due for completion in early 2016.