Sectors > Healthcare & Research >
Private Care Surgical Unit, Royal Marsden Hospital
Conversion of existing ward into Private Care Surgical Unit at London’s Royal Marsden Hospital.
Working alongside Ansell & Bailey Architects and cost consultants WT Partnership, T&B’s City Works Division were employed to undertake the extensive refurbishment and conversion works at London’s Royal Marsden Hospital located in South Kensington.
Works were carried out over 2 main areas refurbishing the existing Wiltshaw Ward into three isolation rooms and ensuites, and the conversion of first floor restaurant area into a Private Care Surgical Unit housing four bedrooms that will be used by private patients.
The hospital and facility remained fully operational throughout with works including:
- £1,100,000 / 37 construction programme
- Formation of Private Care Surgical Unit
- Strip-out of existing partitions, fixtures and fittings
- Full height dust proof screens and hoarding separating working areas
- Structural demolition and alterations
- Extensive M&E installation including new lighting
- New bespoke reception desk and seating area
- Specialist equipment and services installed
- New floor coverings and suspended ceilings
- Installation of new hard wood doors and frames
- Full decoration throughout
- New fixtures, fittings and bumper rails installed
- Overhaul refurbishment of roof light